Most Valuable Student Scholarships
- September 1, 2017: Applications available for download on GL website
- December 2, 2017: Applications must be turned in to the Lodges
- January 4, 2018: Lodges complete judging and send to District Chairman
- January 20, 2018: District Chairmen complete judging and send to State Chairman
- February 10, 2018: State Chairman forwards applications to Grand Lodge
- Late April, 2018: Winners announced on Grand Lodge website
For more information on Most Valuable Student Scholarships, please click this Grand Lodge link: http://www.elks.org/ENF/scholars/mvs.cfm
Note to Lodges: Program information and all questions on the criteria used to judge applicants should be addressed to your District Chairman.
Note to District Chairmen: Please mark your calendar to check back with the GL website in late April to find information about possible award winners in your district.
Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need. Applications must be submitted to the Elks Lodge closest to the student's permanent U.S. address. Applications must advance through local, district, and state competitions to reach national judging. 500 scholarships will be awarded.
The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the competition. Qualifications include:
- Any high school senior who is a citizen of the United States is eligible to apply.
- Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
- College students are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed; permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
- Male and female students compete separately.