Americanism Essay Contest
A program of the Elks' Grand Lodge Fraternal Committee, this contest is geared towards students in 5th through 8th grades to promote patriotism among young people.
"What the Bill of Rights Means to Me.”
Use this as the core theme of your essay.
- At the time of the contest, eligible participants must be Students enrolled in one of these four divisions: I—5th grade; II—6th grade; III—7th grade; or IV—8th grade.
- Essay length is not to exceed 300 words.
- Essay must be typed or legibly printed in ink. Also, Essay must be submitted as written (or typed) by the entrant.
- Essay must be submitted for judging to the Elks Lodge nearest to the address of the entrant.
- Participant must be identified by name, grade, school attending and sponsoring Elks Lodge on the Essay.
Plaques will be awarded by Grand Lodge for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place for national winning essays in Divisions I, II, III, and IV. Monetary awards will be disbursed for each grade level for 1st Place—$1,000; 2nd Place—$500; and 3rd Place—$250. Winners will be announced at the Grand Lodge Session.
Click the large button to the right of this year's theme to download the application materials. All applications must include the coverpage to identify the student and local Elks Lodge it is submitted to. Essay should be submitted to your nearest local Elks Lodge on/before December 15, 2023.