The theme for the 2019-2020 contest is:
"Life does not rewind, choose life not drugs"
The contest is open to all 6th, 7th, & 8th grade students. Participants must write their essay themselves, but they may get help from teachers, parents, or friends in the form of ideas.
- Length: No longer than 250 words.
- Paper size: 8½ × 11 inch.
- Text: Typed, computer generated text, hand written or hand printed.
Judging will be based on the following:
- Closeness to the theme
- Correct grammatical structure
Each entry must have the following information on the back of the essay:
- Student’s full name
- School, location, grade
- Elks lodge name
- Must also be accompanied by Hold Harmless agreement